Sunday, April 22, 2012

Funny Customer Pick-up Lines

Well, we are home from our trip to Turkey, and although, we can't share the greatest highlights of our trip due to safety reasons, we can share other highlights from our trip.  One highlight of our trip was the entertainment we received from Turkish vendors as they tried to rope in their customers.  Some are very persuasive in the way they catch their customers.  Others are hilarious in the way they express themselves, particularly in their English phrases.  I decided to start keeping track of some of the funny lines before I forgot them all.  Unfortunately, I've forgotten some, but at least I've managed to capture many of them to remember for future laughs. 

Feel free to let me know what your favorite customer pick-up lines are from the list.

Hey, you dropped something!
Hey, please, let me help you spend your money!
Hey, I was expecting you!
Hey, you look lost - come to my store.
Hey, I've got a great view of the Blue Mosque from my balcony!
Come drink wine and Turkish coffee from my balcony.
You need a carpet.  Let me help you find one.
I need a customer. I need a friend.
Come take a look in my store.  Looking is free.
Hello, Hello. Excuse me, excuse me.
Hello, Hello, I am here!
Excuse me, come here.
Excuse me, I am sorry.
You're welcome.
Hello, hello, hello.
Hello, my friend, my brother, are you looking for something?  Would you like to see my carpets?

The mob at the Egyptian Bazaar

One of many spice shops at the Egyptian Bazaar (also known as the Spice Bazaar for obvious reasons)

Arasta Bazaar, a much more relaxed bazaar near the Blue Mosque where we weren't hounded as much but where a shop keeper told Tim he was expecting him - imagine that!  Doesn't Tim look like such a tourist?
Food poisoning for me ruined our plans to visit the Grand Bazaar while we were in Istanbul.  The Grand Bazaar is the biggest tourist attraction where I'm sure we would have heard the best pick-up lines, but it was nice to not have to fight the crowds or be hassled by the shopkeepers.  We got to experience the Grand Bazaar when we were here back in 2008, so at least it wasn't that we had never been there before. Instead of shopping, we enjoyed a quiet evening in our hotel room for a change after all of the late, crazy nights out around the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment