Thursday, December 8, 2011

In the Holding Pattern

Ok, so not much more to report on the headache front, unfortunately. I found out today, that I definitely do not have vasculitis based on my blood test results. My Depakote levels are low, but the neurologist wants to see them lower before I try a new medication, so I will have to wait it out for a little more than a week with the pain coming and going as it has been with the Elavil keeping it in check for the time being.

As for the ANSAR test I had done at the neurologist's office Tuesday night, all I know is that she definitely wants me to have the EEG done during my appointment on Dec. 19th and that at that appointment, she will discuss everything with me then. So, until then, we WAIT.

At a time when waiting seems to be all I do - waiting for a diagnosis, for the right medication, to be pain-free, to have my body back to normal, to have our household back in order and normal function, etc - I fervently cling to the promise of God for His wondrous strength to keep me going each day:

"But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint."
(Isaiah 40:31 ESV)

In the meantime, in addition to waiting, I am doing my best to keep things running smoothly in our house and give the boys as much normalcy as my head and body will allow. After having our Christmas tree up for over a week, we were finally able to decorate it together as a family on Monday night. This put all of us in a festive spirit. When we put the boys to bed as soon as we finished, they chose David's favorite Christmas Carol as their lullaby. They sang it so nicely that Tim asked them to sing it for him to take a video. They were all too willing to perform and did an amazing job for an impromptu performance. Tim had a hard time not laughing at Josh's facial expressions, and I was just trying to keep the pain in my head at bay to keep the boys from thinking they needed to be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment