Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Provision for Hope

This difficult battle with continuous migraine pain for the past 2 1/2 months has been a very hard time for me not to mention my family, and yet here we stand not consumed by our difficulties all because of God's wondrous grace.  We have seen first hand the fulfillment of God's promise to us in Isaiah 43:2:  "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,and the flame shall not consume you."

However, despite our resolve to keep trusting the Lord to bring us through this increasingly difficult time, it has not been easy to maintain hope, especially after crossing the 2 month mark, having just switched to yet another medication which was not controlling the pain as well and had even worse side effects than the other drugs.  Then, dealing with the battles of a neurologist office in which I could never speak to a medical professional, and my messages were never relayed properly or my phone calls returned, I really had to fight to keep on trusting the Lord. 

On Monday, it all came to a head for me when I tried for the umpteenth time to find out what my EEG results were and when I could see the doctor next, I found out that the results were normal and my neurologist said I could see her in 3 months!  Needless to say, I knew when I hung up the phone feeling dejected that it was time to move on to find a third neurologist.  Between yesterday and today, I called 5 different neurologist offices getting appointments as early as the end of February to as late as April.  Then, I came across one more neurology office which happened to be inside Pottstown Medical Memorial Hospital, and decided to give them a call.  They happened to have a cancellation for tomorrow and asked if I could come in.  I nearly fell out of my seat!  I said, "Absolutely!"  Then, I found out the appointment would be with the neurologist who cared for me when I was hospitalized back in November.  I felt she was really thorough and knowledgeable.  At that time, she was only working out of the hospital and not seeing outpatients, so I am really glad that things have changed!

At a time when hope was being lost, God opened the doors for provision for Hope!

  1.  A neurologist appointment for TOMORROW and chance for more answers/solutions!
  2.  Reminder of how my trust and hope can only be in God:  Trust in the LORD with ALL your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make    
    straight your paths.  (Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV)  This was a great reminder that I can't trust in doctors to give me the answers and make me well.  I can only trust God!  I must cling to Him, for He alone is my Hope!
  3. Renewed Hope that someday soon, I will dwell with God forever in a perfect and pain-free body! 
Praise the Lord!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment