Saturday, January 28, 2012

Waiting Quietly

My heart is so full tonight after a wonderful day spent in prayer at the 4th Annual Metro West Presbytery Women's Day of Prayer.  I have gone each year and have come to live for this day each year as a great way to get away and get alone with God with promised uninterrupted time with my Savior.  I never come away disappointed!  Always, I walk away feeling refreshed and renewed with greater strength to do the work to which God has called me and a greater love for and communion with my Heavenly Father.

There is so much I want to write about that God has filled my heart with today, but I guess I should only unload in bits and pieces.  As part of the 2 hour personal prayer time (which, by the way, was an hour more than last year which I was thrilled to death about but still entirely not long enough!), I meditated on various Scripture in a means to be still and hear God speak to me.  Lamentations 3:22-25 really jumped out at me today in light of the ongoing trials we have faced the past several months.

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
        his mercies never come to an end;
    they are new every morning;
        great is your faithfulness.
    “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
        “therefore I will hope in him.”
    The LORD is good to those who wait for him,
        to the soul who seeks him.
    It is good that one should wait quietly
        for the salvation of the LORD.
(Lamentations 3:22-26 ESV)

I stand today not consumed!  God's love has been life-preserving and a continual comfort.  Waiting has never been a strength for me, but the last few months, God has been working hard at teaching me to wait.  Slowly, I am getting it.  Bit by bit, I am learning to rest in His goodness and love and not question His plan for my life or my family's life.   

This morning, as I was leaving for the day of prayer, I was bemoaning the fact that as soon as I got home, I would need to start up David's antibody transfusion.  However, during this reflection and prayer time, God helped me realize that instead of being ungrateful for having to come home to do the transfusion, I can be grateful that my son is healthy and alive for me to do the transfusions.  These transfusions have truly saved his life and transformed the quality of his life.  How can I be ungrateful for God's goodness?

God has continued to deliver me from the unbearable migraine pain.  I continue with only the slightest dull ache in the head and feel like a totally new woman!  I cooked 4 meals from scratch this week which is the most I have done since being sick not to mention totally from scratch!  The boys are loving having their mommy back, and everyone is enjoying the dinners.  Although, I think Tim is not enjoying all of the extra dishes and pots and pans I am leaving for him to clean-up in the kitchen, but he would never complain, and I so appreciate his willingness to do the clean-up!

So, yes, I can truly say as this passage does, "The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."  I pray that God will help me to continue to learn to wait quietly for Him!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could come!! God is truly a great God. What a wonderful time in His presence!

    ReplyDelete